How to remove yellow stains from sweat in armpits on white clothes?
Sweat stains easily appear on clothes, but are very hard to remove from her, especially if the sweat mixed with deodorant. However, there are ways to deal with them and save a favorite thing.
Causes of pollution
In a day, the human body is able to produce up to 1,000 ml of sweat. That it is the main cause of the formation of yellow spots in the armpits. It is worth considering that the causeless appearance of symptoms such as increased sweating, a sharp and unpleasant smell can be a signal of a malfunction in the body. In such a case, it is advisable to consult a doctor..
How to wash?
Despite the advanced chemical industry, it is quite difficult to remove the yellow stains from sweat in the armpits. This is due to two processes: the reproduction of microorganisms (the products of their vital activity cause that very unpleasant smell) and the evaporation of the sweat itself. The use of deodorants leads to the interaction of its chemical components with bacteria, the result is a mixture of strongly and deeply ingesting tissue into the fibers.
Often when washing use laundry detergents, which include phosphates. They contribute to the formation of a silicone coating with a yellowish color. Therefore, even carefully washed things do not seem fresh, and stains do not disappear. To reanimate white things, the joint action of good washing powder and bleach is capable. Stain removers containing active oxygen and enzymes can save colored items.
Vinegar essence will cope with old sweat stains. Prepare a working solution: a liter of warm water + 30 ml of acetic essence. Work only in protective rubber gloves to prevent chemical burns. Soak clothes for 30 minutes. After that, we reach with gloves and gently squeeze. Apply baking soda to stains. Soda will enter into a chemical reaction with vinegar and give the necessary positive effect.
Instead of baking soda, you can use a mixture of lemon juice and ammonia. This option is more aggressive, it is unacceptable for thin and delicate fabrics. Soak the thing for 40 minutes and wash as usual.
How can I wash?
The main criteria when choosing a cleaning agent is the ability to quickly and effectively remove pollution, while maintaining the integrity of the fabric itself.
To remove yellow marks on cotton products will help hydrogen peroxide 3%. In this way You can clear white T-shirts, tracksuits, shirts and blouses:
- First, prepare the cleaning mixture: 10 g of soda + 5 ml of any detergent + ¼ vial of hydrogen peroxide 3%. Mix well and distribute on the surface of the spots.
- Slightly brush with three, so that the composition penetrates deeper into the fabric, and soak for 60 minutes.
- After the allotted time, we erase in the usual way in the washing machine.
Also no less effective wine vinegar 6%:
- Mix 250 ml of water with 30 ml of vinegar and soak the clothes in the underarm area with the resulting solution.
- Stand for 30 minutes and wash as usual.
The following recipe will help to return things to the past:
- We get a thick mass by mixing salt, soda and liquid soap.
- Add a little liquid ammonia and distribute to contaminated sites.
- Stand for 30 minutes and wash as usual.
A concentrated vinegar solution will also help.We pre-test it on the wrong side or label, if the reaction has proceeded normally and the fabric has not faded and has not deteriorated, then the product can be soaked completely.
You can soak the thing for 24 hours in a concentrated saline solution, then wash it in cool water.
Silk, synthetic, wool
Silk and synthetic products will be cleaned with sodium thiosulfate, which can be purchased at the pharmacy:
- In 250 ml we dilute with 30 ml of sodium thiosulfate and saturate the fabric.
- We rinse the product.
Also, with stains of sweat on silk clothing can cope with medical alcohol. Just wipe the dirty areas and thoroughly rinse in boiled water.
You can use anti-chlorine. You can buy it in the hardware store. We mix 30 g of powder in one liter of water and soak the product. From time to time with hands wipe the pollution. Wash as usual and rinse thoroughly.
Wool products will save saline solution:
- In a liter of water mix ½ cup of salt.
- Soak the product for 60 minutes and rinse.
Laundry soap with salt is also useful. Grind a bar of soap on a fine grater and dissolve in water. Add as much salt to the soap solution as you can dissolve. Soak the woolen product for 60 minutes and wash it in the washing machine, sparing mode.
The affected fur clothing will clean the mixture of salt, ammonia and water in a ratio of 1: 10: 100. We treat the contaminated area with a solution and wash it off with clean water.
Wash fresh sweat stains from a leather jacket capable of onion juice. Cut the onion into two parts and wipe the spots. You can also treat them with fresh orange peel, essential oil perfectly cleanse the natural skin.
White and colored clothes
If there is a need to urgently wash old stains of sweat from white cotton, use vinegar 9%:
- We saturate the polluted area with vinegar and stand literally 5 minutes.
- Carefully rinse clothes.
Removing sweat stains from a white linen or cotton shirt will also help. hydrogen peroxide 3%:
- In a liter of water, stir 30 ml of peroxide and soak the shirt for 30 minutes.
- We erase, as usual and carefully rinse.
It is important to remember that in no case should hydrogen products be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide. Stains will disappear, but with color.
Additional recipes for white and light clothes:
- Baking soda. Prepare a cleaning mixture of 4 tablespoons of soda + cup of water. Using a brush, apply the composition on the clothes in a rubbing motion. Withstand 60-90 minutes and wash as usual. If the stains are not removed, the procedure can be repeated.
- Persol oxygen. Chemical bleach. Prepare a cleaning mixture of 5 g of persol + 250 ml of water. Carefully apply the mixture on the spots with a brush and maintain for two hours. We erase, as usual.
- Aspirin. Pre-grind two aspirin tablets and mix in half a glass of water. We saturate the fabric and withstand 3 hours. Wash off the solution under running water and wash as usual. If the yellow spots do not wash off, the concentration of aspirin can be increased. To do this, mix the crushed tablets with a couple of drops of water until a thick slurry is obtained. We distribute on fabric, we wait 60 minutes and we erase, as usual.
- Salt. Prepare a working solution: 250 ml of water + 30 g of salt. We saturate the fabric and hold it for about two hours, erase as usual. The recipe is suitable for cotton, linen and silk fabrics.
- Table salt with ammonia. Prepare a working solution: 250 ml of water + 5 ml of ammonia + 5 g of salt. Apply the composition with rubbing movements and wait 90 minutes. We erase, as usual.
- Oxalic acid with laundry soap. We rub the soap with a brush and rub it into the fabric, soak for 30 minutes and wipe. After that we prepare a solution of 5 ml of oxalic acid + 250 ml of water and soak the fabric, wash it under running water, after 10 minutes and wash it as usual.
- Boiling with soap. The recipe is well suited for cotton clothes and underwear. Grind a piece of soap on a fine grater half a glass. Pour into a metal container and add water. Boil the product until the spots disappear, after boiling we hold it for three hours on low fire, stirring often.
Yellow spots on colored products can remove such a mixture: one yolk + denatured alcohol solution 10%. Distributed by pollution and wait exactly until the yolk dries. After that, the yolk must be cleaned, and the thing to wash, as usual.
Tips and tricks
The fight against yellow spots, first of all, begins with an understanding of the body's own physiological characteristics. The appearance of an overly pungent odor together with frequent and abundant sweating may indicate problems, therefore consultation with a specialist is obligatory. It is also important to pay more attention to personal hygiene. You can use special pads that absorb moisture and prevent sweat from leaking out.
Some practical tips:
- Bleaching as bleach does not fit. Otherwise, it will lead to darkening of the material in contaminated areas, due to chemical interaction with the protein components of sweat.
- You can not make an effort when rubbing the brush, the movement must be neat, so as not to damage the paint.
- Acetate silk cannot be cleaned with acetate and acetic acid.
- Solvents such as benzene, benzene and the like are not suitable for synthetics.
- Cotton materials are contraindicated in acids, and in wool and silk alkalis.
- Before applying the recipe, a test is required on the seamy side, in an inconspicuous place.
- It is necessary to wash only in warm water, as hot only fix the stains on clothes.
- After testing, it is better to remove stains from the wrong side in order to avoid the appearance of stains around them.
- Using hydrogen peroxide, the products are thoroughly rinsed, as under the influence of ultraviolet radiation, the peroxide can give things a yellowish color.
How to avoid sweat stains:
- In the hot season or with heavy sweating, take a shower at least once a day.
- Personal hygiene.
- Refusal of synthetic clothing.
- Frequent change of clothes, it is better to wash dirty things immediately.
- Deodorant should not only eliminate the unpleasant smell, but also reduce sweating.
You can remove sweat stains at home. It is important to remember, the earlier you do the maintenance of the spots, the greater the chances of success.
On how to deal with yellow spots at home, see the following video.