How to wash lipstick?
If you are faced with the task of washing things off lipstick, remember that the trace of it is considered to be a difficult stain, as its basis is oil. In order not to spoil your favorite clothes, you need to remember that each type of fabric requires an individual approach to the purification of such contaminants.
Ways to remove at home
Since lipstick is made from oils, coloring pigments and other chemical components, the result of cleaning clothes from it is unpredictable. But you can try to save your favorite clothes by taking a few steps:
- Place a paper towel on the cutting board. Turn the product inside out and put a stain on the towel so that the fat is absorbed.
- Clothes that are not afraid of regular washes can be cleaned in the following way: put a pinch of sodium borate on the contaminated place and add a few drops of 3% peroxide solution. When the stain dissolves, rinse the product in cool water (wash if necessary).
- With a trace of lipstick, wet wipes will do well. Their advantage is that the oxidizer interacts only with the contaminated site, without spoiling the fabric. Wipe the cloth with a cloth until the stain disappears.
- You can treat the stain with ammonia. Wash clothing to neutralize odor.
- Effective is the composition of lemon juice and baking soda. It should be applied to the stain, and after drying, gently shake off the remnants of a brush.
Among the proven recipe for removing stains that our mothers and grandmothers used in their practice, It is worth selecting a few of the most effective:
- Apply a small amount of tooth powder to the contaminated area and rub. Wash the product in warm water using household soap or dish detergent. If you do not immediately wash off the lipstick, repeat the procedure. With this method of cleaning lipstick can not apply whitening paste for colored clothes (for example, for red), it can adversely affect the appearance of the product.
- Peroxide can be used to remove dirt from white fabric (from a blouse, shirt). Apply to stain and let soak. Wash the treated product in a soapy solution. Repeat several times until the stain disappears.
- Turpentine is suitable for cleaning off delicate fabrics and things that can not be washed. Due to the natural composition of the needles, it easily dissolves any fats. Before processing the stain is thoroughly cleaned from dust. Then, turpentine is applied on a napkin with a nap and is applied to a stain of lipstick. A cotton cloth or paper sheet is placed on top. Iron iron.
- Apply petrol to the cloth and scrub it off with a greasy stain. To remove stains, wipe the spot with vinegar solution (4 tablespoons. Dilute vinegar in 200 ml of water). After all the procedures thing to wash.
Special stain removers
On the shelves of supermarkets are many specialized tools to combat pollution of various origins. They can be in the form of a pencil, spray, aerosol. Your choice of product will depend on the type of fabric you want to clean. Usually, All information for the buyer to help him decide on the purchase is presented on the product label.
Before applying the stain remover, you need to check its effect on an inconspicuous area of the product. If the color of the fabric does not change, the tool can be used on the contaminated area, following the instructions for use.
You can use a universal action algorithm that fits most modern tools:
- Wet contaminated surface with warm water.
- Apply stain remover (pencil, soap, spray).
- Leave to soak for 20 minutes, then rinse with water or wash in the car.
Ambulance for fresh stains
There are several recipes that will quickly and efficiently allow you to remove a fresh stain from the fabric:
- Mix lemon juice and salt until a slurry forms. Apply to the contaminated area for 30 minutes. Rub, rinse with water.
- Gel for washing dishes will help get rid of a fresh trace of lipstick. A small amount of the product is applied to the stain. It is necessary to let it soak for 20 minutes. To rub a toothbrush and rinse in lukewarm water.
With colored fabrics
To eliminate stains from lipstick with colored products, you must carefully select the tool. For example, chlorine-containing stain removers will inevitably lead to damage to the product. Among the safe means for colored fabrics are the following:
- Liquid glycerin. It must be brought to a warm state and applied to the desired area of the product. Leave for 60 minutes. Dissolve in 5 liters of water 2 tbsp. l salt, rinse clothes in this solution.
- Turpentine and ether mixed in equal shares. The resulting solution is applied to the stain for 30 minutes. If the trail from the lipstick could not be removed and it acquired a pale tint, put the paper on both sides of the contamination. Sprinkle with talcum powder and iron it with a well-heated iron.
With different types of fabrics
Remove traces of lipstick from denim (with a skirt, jeans, jackets) can hair spray. It is necessary to spray it on the contaminated area, let it soak. Pass the cloth dipped in water. If the stain is old, baby powder will come to the rescue. It is necessary to pour it over the lipstick and leave for a few hours. During this time, it absorbs all the fat. Then brush the fabric and wash. To remove stains from jeans, help and tools such as gel for dishes, vinegar, sweetener, shaving gel.
The designation "delicate fabrics" speaks for itself. Things made from these materials can be easily spoiled with bleaching agents.by changing their original tone. Best of all for such clothes alcohol, baking soda and toothpaste are suitable as stain removers.
You can remove the stain and chemical means, but then on the label should be indicated "for delicate fabrics."
To remove lipstick from wool products, you must take a cotton pad, moisten with alcohol and scrub the stain. This method is suitable for silk clothing.
To the appearance of the product does not lose its attractiveness, it is better to blot the fabric and not to rub it.
For jersey clothing, refined gasoline can be used as a cleaning agent. Appeared stains can be easily leveled with heated glycerin or a mixture of vinegar and water.
In order to clean the outerwear from the rain cover, cashmere, drape, bolon and other materials, you can use turpentine, gasoline, wet wipes, a mixture of water, vinegar and salt.
Potato starch is only suitable for items with a fresh stain. For a light-colored down jacket, especially white, only denatured ethyl alcohol should be used. Lipstick stains can be removed from any outerwear by using a stain-removing pencil.
With blankets and upholstered furniture
To return the bedspread and furniture to its original appearance, you can use the offers of a cleaning company or dry cleaning. This service will be expensive, However, the result will satisfy the most demanding customers.
In addition, specialized equipment and tools brought by the company's specialists are not contraindicated even for small children, pets and people with allergic manifestations.
If the furniture has removable covers (cover), they should be washed in a bleach that does not contain chlorine.You can soak the removed thing in citric acid (prepare a solution: 3 tablespoons of acid diluted in 5 liters of water), and then washed in the car with powder.
Eliminate traces of lipstick using dry cleansing agents in the form of an aerosol and powder. Effectively laundering furniture means Varena, produced in Germany. The detailed instruction is attached to it.
Hair spray can be sprayed onto the dirty part of the sofa. Allow to soak for 5 minutes, remove residue and blot with paper towel. If necessary, the procedure is repeated. For soft upholstery suitable foam for shaving and ammonia, diluted with water. Apply to the stain, leave for 3 minutes, then wipe with a towel.
If wallpaper has suffered from lipstick, you can clean it, but it is important to know the exact look of the coating. The procedure for removing dirt from non-woven wallpaper will be significantly different from paper or vinyl counterparts. On each wallpaper roll should be the instruction manual, where spelled out possible degree of material interaction with moisture.
To independently determine how wallpaper is resistant to water, you need to wipe a small area (in a place hidden from the eyes: behind a cupboard or chair) with a cloth with soapy water. If the images applied to the wallpaper, do not suffer, the coating can be safely washed.
The most effective remedies for removing lipstick stains:
- Wipe the wallpaper with a dry cloth, then a damp cloth with the medium (dishwashing gel, soap solution). Blot with a napkin. This method is contraindicated for cleaning paper-based wallpaper.
- If the stain is not old and has a small area, you can eliminate it with a regular eraser.
- Melamine sponge will cope with heavy pollution. However, it also has disadvantages: because of the abrasive base, the wallpaper pattern can be damaged. Before use, you need to check it on a small area of wallpaper.
- To remove traces of lipstick from wallpaper on a paper basis, it is recommended to use a crumb from bread. A small piece of tightly pressed to the spot and hold for a few minutes. During this time, the dirt is absorbed into the gluten. Repeat if necessary.
- Gasoline mixed with toothpaste will remove old stains from wallpapers of all kinds. Apply gruel to stain, leave to dry. Remove residue with a brush.
In order for stain removal to be effective, you need to follow some guidelines:
- Before starting the removal of the stain, it is necessary to determine the type of material (wool, silk, cotton, etc.) and the resistance of the lip product. This action will help determine the required concentration of cleaning agent.
- Carefully read the tag attached to the product. If it is indicated that dry cleaning can be used for this type of clothing, it is worthwhile to dry the product.
- The product on which there is a trace of lipstick, you must put on a hard surface. From the bottom, it is recommended to put a cotton towel or napkin in order to absorb excess liquid.
- To prevent movement of the sponge, it is necessary to produce a sponge from the edges of the spot to the middle.
- For the treatment of a dirty place it is better to use an old toothbrush, sponge, brush.
- If the spot area is large enough, the product must be cleaned from the inside. In this case, the fat will not have time to penetrate deep into the tissue.
- If after several attempts to remove the lipstick with household tools and specialized stain removers, the stain is still on the surface, do not experiment, give the product dry cleaning. Specialized institutions have a wider arsenal of tools affecting hard-to-remove contamination.
- Use only products that are suitable for this type of fabric to clean the product. The use of other substances may not give the desired result, leaving ugly divorces. Then the fabric and appearance of the product will be hopelessly spoiled.
Fatty traces of lipstick can be removed from all types of textile coatings and even wallpaper. The most important thing is to do it quickly. Old stains appear more difficult and often not without a trace.
How to remove the stain from the matte lipstick, see the next video.