How to effectively remove stains from red wine?
It is quite difficult to get rid of wine stains, especially if the pollution is not eliminated immediately after its appearance. Spots can be not only on clothes, but also on tablecloths and even on the floor. However, today there is a huge variety of different methods that allow you to completely get rid of all sorts of stains. With their help, it is possible to qualitatively and safely wipe not only colored, but also white fabric, as well as carpets and furniture upholstery.
Peculiarities of pollution
Red wine eats into the fabric very quickly, as a result of which it becomes very difficult to wash, especially if you do not act quickly. Wine poses the greatest threat to white fabrics, sofa upholstery and light tablecloths.
Depending on whether it is fresh or not, it will be more difficult to wash it off, as long-standing contaminants require a special approach and some effort. In addition, to date, the usual washing and various household methods may not help, but even in this case you should not despair, because you can always contact the dry cleaner. In addition, no one forbids trying out all homemade recipes that help get rid of pollution.
What can I use?
In order to reanimate clothes very quickly, it is important to take steps to remove stains as soon as possible. You can use ready-made powders and stain removers, and you can also use homemade and proven methods that our grandmothers used.
If you have just spilled wine on your clothes or carpet, you should blot the stain with absorbent cloth or napkins. Keep the fabric on the spot until it is absorbed into the liquid as much as possible. This method is considered very effective if it is not possible to immediately block the stain.
So that the red liquid does not soak into the fabric too deep, salt can be poured onto the stain. In addition, we all know that salt perfectly absorbs moisture and can be poured without saving. After the salt is wet, just shake it off the stain.
Salt should be added until the red wine stain is as light as possible.
Subsequently, residues from pollution will be much easier to remove. This method can be used in public places if you accidentally spill wine on clothes.
If the wine is spilled on a tablecloth or clothes not in a public place, then it is even easier to wash it at home. For this you need one very effective and proven recipe. Spoon of alcohol, add to 1 liter of water, here it is necessary to add the usual soap. In the resulting solution should put a dirty thing, but not more than half an hour.
If you are in an institution and are trying to wipe the stain off the clothes in the restroom, best not to use hot water, because very often it does not help to remove stains from red wine. It is also not worth using it, because after it the color of the spot can change to blue or even green, which will be even more difficult to cope with. It is better to wash the dirt with cool liquid only.
To date, there is no single way to wash wine absolutely from all things, carpet or tablecloth. For each color, material and thing, you must use certain techniques to more effectively get rid of pollution.
Clothes are most often affected by wine contamination, especially at various holidays and events where it is not possible to immediately wash the contamination. To effectively remove old wine stains from clothes, you can use:
- Ethyl alcohol. With its help, one should thoroughly soak the place on the fabric where the stain of wine is located, and then wash the fabric with water and achieve the thing with a hand or machine wash;
- With the help of the usual liquids from the pharmacy, you can also effectively get rid of stained wine stains. To do this, you may need hydrogen peroxide and ammonia. By mixing these ingredients, even the most persistent stains can be eliminated. On a glass of water should be added one spoon of peroxide and alcohol. The resulting solution should be treated with a stain and wash off with more and more water. After which you should also produce either hand or machine wash.
White things with fresh stains of red wine can be washed using the following methods and means:
- Remove fresh pollution can be with the help of warm vodka. Often, experts recommend trying white wine, which can also effectively remove red wine from clothes. But at the same time, it will not be enough to do the general washing;
- As already mentioned, the stain can be removed with ordinary salt, which absorbs the liquid well. However, after you have removed the salt, you can try to fill the stain with boiling water;
- Often stains on white things from red wine can be removed with lemon juice. This way you can get rid of the dirt of the shirt and blouse;
- Some recommend using Domestos-type household products that contain chlorine. They are quite good at removing even permanent stains. However, this method is extremely dangerous for very soft and colored fabrics. However, if you decide to use this method, do not forget to rinse the fabric well;
- Flooded wine can be cleaned with ammonia. To do this, pour a little alcohol on a cotton pad and rub the spot of contamination.
To remove red wine stains from colored fabric, you should use the following recipes:
- It is necessary to use glycerin and normal yolk. The components should be mixed in equal proportions, in the resulting solution it is necessary to moisten a cotton pad and rub them with the place of contamination. The item should be left for at least 4 hours, after which it should be washed in a convenient way for you. In this way, stains can be washed from a sweater or skirt, as well as from any other clothing;
- A good and effective recipe in the fight against wine stains is the mixing of vinegar and glycerin. With the help of the mixture, you can remove stains even from wool products, for example, from your favorite sweaters. Glycerin should be mixed in a ratio of one to one with vinegar, put this mixture on the stain and wait a few hours. After that you should wash the product with plenty of water;
- To remove the stain with a cotton color T-shirt, you should use regular yogurt from the store. It will help to very carefully get rid of stains even from the most delicate fabrics. To use this recipe, it is necessary to thoroughly heat the yogurt, but not to bring to a boil, and put it on the stain of red wine. After a short wait, you should wash off the remnants of the mixture and wash your thing;
- You can also use a weak manganese solution and normal peroxide to remove wine stains from colored items. With their help, it is necessary to process the stain. But first, this is done with a solution of manganese, and then hydrogen peroxide should be applied to the pollution.
Laundry soap or soap is considered a very effective and proven means of removing stains. "Antipyatin". It works especially well with fresh stains that have not yet had time to fit into the thing.
It so happens that people pour wine on jeans, on shirts or pants.To get rid of stains on jeans, you should use only proven methods and no chemicals with bleach, which can damage the structure of the fabric and completely spoil it.
To carefully remove stains from jeans, you can use the following recipes:
- Lemon juice is suitable only for products made of white and any other denim light-colored fabric. If you decide to remove the spots on blue jeans with a lemon, you risk getting white spots that will ruin the whole product.
- The most proven and innocuous way is a high-quality powder, with the help of which you can fix a stain on jeans. After which they should be washed in a washing machine. You can also use soap.
It is very important to clean the jeans products as soon as possible, otherwise in the future you will have to painstakingly remove the stains.
It can take a lot of effort to remove red wine contamination from the wallpaper. If you have ordinary washable wallpaper, then you will need any soap solution, which in a few seconds will clean the wall from contamination, but paper wallpaper can immediately absorb the red liquid and nothing will help them.
With vinyl and non-woven wallpaper, red wine can be scrubbed with ordinary dish detergent and a sponge. To do this, it is worth preparing a foam solution and using it to wipe the wallpaper thoroughly.
If the wallpaper is light, then try to get rid of the stain with water with a chlorine-containing agent. Ordinary whiteness and bleach powder for things may be suitable for this.
If the wine contamination is already dry, then try to scrub them with a regular eraser, just do not wipe the wallpaper to the hole.
Also, the wine can be scrubbed with toothpaste and brush. This method is considered very gentle and effective.
With the help of eggs and glycerin, which clean clothes, you can also try to clean the wallpaper. It is very important to leave this mixture for a couple of hours, after which it should be washed off with a damp cloth.
All recipes that contain lemon juice or chlorine are best not to use on colored wallpaper, because they can easily lose their color and appearance.
When someone spills wine on the tablecloth, immediately wash it does not always work. But here it is important to act as quickly as possible. In the fight against stains on the tablecloths are very effective various dairy products.
The stain on the tablecloth can be plentifully filled with kefir or yogurt and left for about an hour, after which the product should be carefully washed with powder.
The best tool in removing stains from the tablecloth can be already ready bleach and stain removers, in which you should soak a fabric product for a certain time. It is very important to choose the means for the types of fabrics and for the spots for which they are designed. Wash the stain after soaking in such tools will be much easier.
From the carpet
It is not uncommon for guests or households to shed red wine on the carpet. In order to surely remove the stain without a trace, it is very important to start acting as soon as possible. To do this, blot the stain off the floor and use either a ready means to clean the carpet from dirt, or one of the home recipes.
Hydrogen peroxide in combination with ordinary detergent is considered to be very effective for cleaning wine from the carpet. Or, as in the case of clothes, the stain from the carpet can be removed using ordinary salt, which absorbs the liquid very well.
Tips and tricks
Despite the fact that many folk recipes and tools perfectly cope with the removal of stains from various fabrics and surfaces, experts recommend using ready-made cleansers, powders and gels for such purposes.
If the stain from the wine could not be removed with salt, peroxide or soda, then it’s time to take on good stain removers that will most certainly solve this problem.
It is possible to remove pollution from clothes of different types by means of the known Vanish. This tool is considered to be very effective and proven over the years. Depending on the degree of contamination, this product is applied to the product and left on it for up to two hours.
Do not wipe the product to the holes, if the stain does not want to be displayed. In this case, it is worth trying to ask for help in dry cleaning. The key to success in this case is an extremely quick response, since it is always more difficult to remove old stains.
How to remove stains from red wine from the fabric, you can see in the next video.