How to wipe the traces of the handle with leatherette?
With leatherette is quite difficult to remove any spots. This material is difficult to clean. But it is especially problematic to wipe the pen marks off the surface of the skin substitute. With such stains will help cope our advice.
The ink contains oil and water. These components give the ink mass a density and good absorption. This quality is not always happy, because the trail from the paste most often settles on the hands, clothes, furniture. This circumstance leads many to despair, but few people know that this problem is easy to solve.
Today leather material plays a big role in the textile world. Genuine leather is worth a lot of money, so humanity has invented its substitute. Experts had to work hard to present similar materials to the world - leatherette and eco-leather. Judging by the appearance, the leather substitute was almost similar to the original, but it was noticeably inferior in quality.
Kozham is a polymer and is widely used in the textile industry as a substitute for natural material. If at first, its differences from the present raw materials were noticeable, now manufacturers represent the highest quality leatherette.
This material has many advantages, which is the main reason for its relevance. But the most important advantages are:
- Relatively low cost. Due to the low price, consumers often buy leatherette in bulk.
- Practicality and beauty. Appearance pleases the eye of buyers, so products made from this material look very attractive.
How can I wash?
It is a pity to see the ink stains of a ballpoint pen on your favorite leatherette sofa. But do not immediately give up. Experienced housewives have found a lot of ways to remove such unpleasant defects. These techniques can be divided into three categories:
- At home with the help of improvised means: soda, salt, citric acid.
- Using chemicals. For example, soap, solvents, alcohol, and so on.
- With the help of various mixtures.
Traces of a ballpoint pen can be removed with the help of various household tools. Let us consider the most popular options.
Let us consider in more detail each of the above methods. So, table salt, which is easy to find in the kitchen, is an excellent tool for removing stains. Step-by-step process:
- Lather sponge spend on the surface of the spot.
- Sprinkle it with salt and leave for a few hours.
- After that, remove the remaining salt and wipe.
Plain soda is known to many for its beneficial properties. Often it is used not only as a food product, but also as a sure means for removing stains and cleaning dishes. Soda can also remove the ink stain from the leatherette. For this you need:
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of soda in a small amount of warm water.
- Using a sponge, wipe the surface of the stains.
- Wash with soap and dry.
Each person in the bathroom is a lot of different chemistry, which can be useful in dealing with difficult stains. Consider some of them:
- Stain remover. Why look for some other ways when there is a stain remover, because its function is to eliminate stains. How can a stain remover remove ink from eco-leather? It's simple: we take the solution, process the stain, and after a while wipe the surface of the material with a damp cloth.
- Soap. Apply soap on an old toothbrush. Then we moisten a stain and a brush with water. Carefully walk through the problem area. After that, carefully remove the remnants of soap.
- Aggressive solvent. Aggressive solvents are kerosene, acetone, sulfur, ammonia. These items are always at hand, so get them is not difficult. Wetting the sponge with a solvent, apply to problem areas, then clean the surface of the leatherette with a damp cloth, then treat with glycerin.
However, you need to use such tools very carefully. One awkward movement can damage the leatherette.
- Sulfur. You can get it in matchboxes. And here is how to use it as an effective stain remover:
- We moisten the damaged spot on the leatherette with warm water.
- To rub it gray.
- Wash with soapy water.
- Bring to dryness.
- Means for washing cars. Every happy car owner has such a cleaning component. Few people know that it can be used as a stain remover. Just put the car wash solution on the ink stain, wipe with a sponge, clean the stain with soap and dry wipe the leatherette material. Repeat this algorithm until the traces disappear.
- Ammonia. Ballpoint stains will remove ammonia. If you correctly and carefully use ammonia, you can easily get rid of pollution. For this you need:
- 1 tablespoon of sal ammoniac, add to glass.
- Stir and then wipe the surface of the leatherette with a damp cloth.
- Use the soap solution to remove the remaining funds.
- Bring to dryness and hold on the surface with a weak solution of glycerin.
Ink spots of a ballpoint pen do not differ from the same spots of a gel pen. Therefore, the above methods are quite suitable for different categories of pollution. Here are some more interesting ways to clean problem areas on artificial skin.
Effective stain removers
Unfortunately, not all traditional methods and improvised tools cope with the removal of ink stains. Then you should turn to the help of these stain removers. There is a useful classification of such funds:
- Udalix Ultra - It is an effective stain remover, suitable for almost all types of stains. Enough to hold them on the surface of the spot before the formation of foam. Then leave for a few minutes, then wipe until dry.
- Beckmann - liquid stain remover. The procedure algorithm is about the same as the first. Apply the solution to the contaminated place, leave for 10-15 minutes and wipe dry.
- Sharky - liquid product. It is sold in the form of an aerosol, with the help of the instructions attached to it, stains are removed and, after finishing, are wiped with a clean rag.
All stain removers help effectively clean the paste from the eco-leather.
The best folk methods
There are a huge number of folk ways to cleanse a leather substitute. Consider several effective procedures to help get rid of unpleasant stains from the leather surface.
White skin is most prone to pollution. However, it is important to know that such methods should be resorted to only when the ink has fallen on the fabric (for example, a chair or a light backpack made of leatherette) quite recently. Before the old spots they are powerless:
- Glycerol. This is an excellent tool for such a case. So that after cleaning the ink, the leatherette becomes soft again, it is enough to put glycerin on its surface.
- Soda. We create from one teaspoon of baking soda and water a mushy liquid. Her and applied to problem areas. After the surface of the leatherette dries, wipe it with a damp cloth.
- Salt. Apply the detergent on a damp cloth and then on the stain. Sprinkle with plenty of salt on top. We are waiting for a couple of hours. And also wipe with a damp cloth.
- Salt and detergent. Create a solution of salt and dishwashing liquid. After everything is dry, remove the remains with a damp cloth.
- Lemon juice. We take a deep bowl, squeeze lemon juice into it. Cotton disc wipe the surface of stains.Within 20 minutes periodically wipe the pollution. Lemon juice helps to exfoliate the ink from the leatherette material. After the procedure, clean the surface of the stain with a sponge.
- Lemon acid. To do this, you need to make a solution of water and a few drops of citric acid. Cotton disc clean the stain. Hold the disk until the ink disappears.
- A mixture of milk and lemon juice. Squeeze out the lemon juice and mix it with fresh milk. Apply the solution to the damaged area with a sponge or cloth. We are waiting for about 30 minutes. After that, remove the remnants of the funds and enjoy the result.
- A solution of ammonia and baking soda. Form a mixture of baking soda with liquid ammonia. We bring to kasheobrazny liquid. Apply it to the ink stains kozhzam and leave for a few minutes. Then remove the remaining funds with a clean cloth.
- Scotch. This is another interesting way to remove ink stains. However, for products made of thin leatherette, this method is extremely dangerous. But you can remove the ink paste from the bag. We cut off such a piece of scotch, which is similar to the size of the stain. After removing the spots, wipe the problem area with a school eraser.
- Hair spray. Apply a spray of hairspray on the surface of the stain on leatherette. Ink paste will peel off right before your eyes. Leave for a few minutes. If the stain persists, try the procedure again. After that, wipe leatherette damp rag.
- Laundry soap. Homemade soap, which is mainly used for washing, can help inject ink. To do this: lather old unwanted toothbrush soap. Then apply careful movements on the area of damage. After drying, wipe the surface with a clean, damp cloth.
- Vinegar. Alcohol-containing substances also contribute to the removal of ink blots. This method is suitable for all types of ink pastes. For this you need:
- Heat the vinegar to a temperature of 50 degrees.
- Dip a cotton pad in it and apply on a dirty place.
- Wipe to dryness.
Before proceeding to the removal of stains, it is necessary to take into account the time of damage, as well as the color of the leather substitute material. Not every way is suitable for all types of pollution. With the wrong selection of chemicals can further enhance the absorption of the stain, so after the first unsuccessful attempt, do not try to solve the problem by the same method. Perhaps he can not cope, but only complicate the situation.
Soap and dishwashing detergent are identical in chemical characteristics. They can easily be replaced with each other in the fight against difficult stains. Lemon juice and vinegar are also interchangeable. By applying a solution to the surface of the damaged material, you can achieve the same result.
It is important to take into account the color of leatherette. Some methods are suitable for clarified materials and others for dark ones. Ignoring these rules will lead to damage to leatherette products.
Use extreme caution when working with hairspray. It can not be allowed to spoil the leatherette and stay with the ink on the material, therefore Do not leave the varnish on the surface of artificial leather for a long time.
Practically in all ways of cleaning ink from leatherette, the following procedure must be repeated: after the procedure, wipe the surface of the contaminated area with a damp cloth, bring to dry, and at the end brush to remove the residual solutions.
It is important to be careful when working with aggressive solvents. Try not to damage the eyes and material of kozhzam. Before you begin, test them on unnecessary leatherette. If you are impressed with the result, feel free to try the money in problem areas. But after the end of the process carefully clean the surface of the fabric.
On how to remove a ballpoint pen from the surface of the leatherette, see the following video.