Women of the East have always attracted the views of their mysterious and bright appearance. And it's not just their innate beauty - their stunning, skillful makeup also plays a significant role. Looking at him, the image of a beautiful fairy-tale princess comes to mind. But nowadays such make-up has ceased to be the prerogative of only oriental beauties - if desired, and if there are certain skills, any girl can do it. And we will help you with this, revealing all the secrets of its correct implementation.
The first mention of decorative cosmetics was found in the texts of ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia, the oldest of which are about 10,000 years old. Initially, the decoration of faces and bodies with the help of such means wore a ritual character, but later ordinary women began to use makeup in order to emphasize and enhance their natural beauty.
Cosmetics were made from natural materials such as henna, antimony, usma, ash, safflower and other gifts of nature. The best recipes have been handed down from generation to generation for many millennia. Some survived to this day.
For example, for eyeliner and underline the depth of the eyes with might and main, antimony was used - black stone, which was ground to a powdery state, mixed with castor oil, and outlined its eyes. This remedy had not only a cosmetic, but also a healing effect - it relieved conjunctivitis, relieved tension and swelling from the eyelids, healed wounds. Antimony makeup was permanent and could last for several days.
The next tool that helped women of the East to become even more attractive is usma. The juice of this plant girls painted eyebrows and covered eyelashes. The fact is that it is an excellent stimulator of hair growth, and also dyes them black, which is why eastern beauties have such thick and bright eyebrows and eyelashes.
The tremendous properties of usma are still appreciated today.
To give the lips a red powder, extracted from the dye safflower flowers, was used. The same effect could be achieved with the help of the juice of the roots of Arneby. And her cheeks were rosy with aker, clay mixed with poppy pigment.
As we can see, Eastern women knew a lot about beauty and were using the generous gifts of nature. Even now, in the eastern markets one can find almost all the tools that were used in ancient times, because their proven efficiency has earned the trust of generations and has not been forgotten and lost.
Arabic features make up
In general, oriental makeup is divided into several types, but we'll talk about them a little later. The most popular is the Arabic-style visage. Looking at him, we present the fabulous Scheherazade or Princess Budur from popular oriental tales. In order to try to do this make-up, you need to know about its features:
- Focus on the eyes. They should be bright, large and very carefully drawn. Shadows, mascara and eyeliner choose only saturated shades;
- Lips and cheekbones play a secondary role and are not distinguished. It is strictly forbidden to use dark or bright lipstick;
- Pay attention to the eyebrows. Give them a clear outline and select with a black pencil;
- Glitter, rhinestones, false eyelashes are welcome.
However, the eastern woman is not only a Muslim-covered chad. There are two more types, makeup which can be considered oriental. This is Japanese and Indian. Based on this, there are the following varieties of this make-up:
- The aforementioned Arabic. Only eyes and eyebrows stand out;
- Japanese. Its distinguishing features are a bright face, bright lipstick, underlined corners of the eyes;
- Indian. The most extravagant of all. The emphasis is on expressive eyes and sensual lips.
There are special cases when Oriental makeup should be applied according to certain traditional rules. One of these cases is nikah - a Muslim wedding ceremony. Of course, it involves the application of Arabic makeup.
Since the Nikaha ceremony is held in a mosque under the watchful attention of the mullah and numerous relatives, the bride should look beautiful, but modest. It is recommended to emphasize the eyes with the help of arrows and pay attention to the eyelashes and eyebrows, but it is worth choosing cosmetic means of the most light, delicate tones. Bright lipstick and blush excluded.
The following special case, which we consider - the makeup of a professional geisha. In this case, the face should be not just bright, but white. Eyebrows are drawn with a thin, clear line, lips are covered with bright red lipstick, give shape to the eyes with a black pencil. This is how traditional Japanese makeup is performed.
And, finally, the third case involving the Indian style - stage make-up of a belly dancer. Since the facial features of the dancer should be visible from the farthest rows of the auditorium, this make-up is made as bright as possible, using only the rich colors of the shadows, liner, mascara, lipstick and blush.
Despite the obvious differences, all three types of make-up of eastern countries have one similarity: each of them suggests a perfect skin tone.
Therefore, no matter which option you like, you should take care of leveling the complexion, correcting its features and eliminating imperfections.
How to choose cosmetics?
To perform any type of make-up in oriental style, you need to carefully select cosmetics. First, pay attention to the tinting base for the skin: cream and powder. It is advisable to choose products with a light texture, not clogging the pores, but at the same time quite dense and pigmented, because the skin must be flawless. Also stock up with concealer, highlighter, proofreaders for contouring. Pick the right color for blush.
Next, select the eye shadow. Their palette will depend entirely on what type of oriental makeup you have chosen. Bright colors, mother-of-pearl and sparkles will suit the Arab and Indian styles. For Japanese - opaque shadows of basic colors.
Ink, liquid eyeliner or eyeliner suggest only one color - black, and the more saturated it is, the better. You can also use false eyelashes.
When performing lip makeup also plays the role of stylistics - if this is the Arabic version, your choice is nude beige lipstick; Japanese implies scarlet sponges, and Indian allows “play” a palette from red to wine-red color.
Lip gloss and nacre are not provided in any of the options.
How to apply?
The type of face and the cut of the eyes of Europeans, of course, differs from the appearance of eastern girls. But if you want to make up so that you can try on the selected image for a while, our step-by-step instruction will help you. Before you begin to acquaint you with the implementation of makeup in stages, I want to mention a few important points:
- A beautiful make-up is, first of all, a neat make-up. If you have decided to impress everyone with the image of an oriental beauty at any event, be sure to rehearse the chosen makeup and better than once. Experiment with tone, shadows, try to make contouring. See how you will look with different lighting. Make sure that all selected products are resistant and do not drain from the face in an hour;
- Eastern eyes are almond eyes. But if you have a different eye section, do not be discouraged - any of the techniques implies “drawing” on the outer corner with a black pencil. This way you can “lengthen” your eyes and it will look very organic;
- Carefully choose outfit. Not every dress or suit fits to oriental makeup. The best option is the style of the dress for the traditional clothes of the country, the make-up of which you have chosen. It does not mean that you should wear a veil, sari or kimono, but you can pick up something similar and dilute it with suitable accessories.
Well, now, the promised master class on the implementation of oriental makeup. For example, we chose the most popular option - Arabic. So let's get started:
- Align the tone of the face. Clean your skin with water and makeup remover and skin sebum. Apply your everyday cream. Next, apply a toning agent with a round sponge sponge, carefully blend over the face. Contribute if you so desire. Make your skin dull with powder;
- Emphasize the cheekbones with rouge matching tone. It is desirable that they were a little darker in color than the face. On the "apple" cheekbones can cause a drop of highlighter;
- We draw a clear line of eyebrows, lengthening them to the temples;
- Add shine to your eyes: we put light shadows with nacre under an arch of an eyebrow and on an internal corner of an eye;
- Now turn on the imagination: We cover the upper movable eyelid with colored shadows. Moving to the outer corner of the eye, apply darker shades. Blend borders;
- Arabic makeup is unthinkable without arrows. Draw them with a pencil, liquid liner or liner - your choice. The arrow should extend beyond the eye, giving it an almond shape and visually enlarging. It is recommended to emphasize in the same way and lower eyelid;
- Apply a lengthening mascara on the eyelashes. or use overhead bundles;
- And finally, make up your lips with neutral lipstick. They should not stand out on the face.
Makeup artists secrets
In order for oriental makeup to fit you as much as possible, you need to take into account your color type, eye color is especially important. Here is what makeup artists recommend for best results:
- If your eyes are brown, you a priori fit the image of an oriental beauty. If you also have dark hair, choose the following colors of shades: brown, gold, silver, lilac, purple. Owners of blond hair suitable sand, green and pink shades;
- Green Eyes they can also be happy - after all, an oriental make-up will only enhance the effect of their rather unusual eye color. The palette of shadows in this case will be as follows: purple, gold, pink, sand;
- Blue-eyed and gray-eyed Beauty can safely choose gray, purple, gold and pinkish shades.
Regardless of eye color, remember that mascara and eyeliner should always be black.
Of course, any oriental make-up, be it Turkish or Japanese, is rather complex in execution and is not complete without errors. Check out the list of the most frequently encountered and try not to do them:
- Too bright blush. The make-up of the countries of the East assumes an even tone of the face with smooth lines and gently underlined cheekbones. They should not stand out bright spots. In this case, the image will be overloaded and will turn out to be vulgar;
- The same is true of lipstick. If you choose Arabic makeup, the color of your lips should be as natural as possible, without gloss, without nacre. If your choice fell on the Japanese or Indian variants, in principle, assuming the presence of bright lips, remember that in this case you should choose from the red-bordovy range, but not use brown, plum and other dark colors;
- And finally, one more mistake: selection of color palette for blondes in the same colors used by brunettes when applying oriental makeup. This is fundamentally wrong. Blondes are soft, muted tones, so choose the appropriate makeup. She should be at least a few tones lighter than for dark-haired ladies.
We hope our advice will help you and you will be able to make an oriental-style makeup without any problems. Consider all the nuances of your appearance and do not be afraid to experiment!
In this video, you will find step-by-step Oriental makeup for brown eyes.